Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Listening to EVPS





In the past year and a half or so, I've been recording evp sessions at haunted places on a very casual basis.

I'm still not sure how to work this cheap but effective digital tape recorder. I already accidently the best recordings I'd ever heard, of a boy in a chapel in the Iron Island Museum in Buffalo. That was a scary night with the PIST101 crew.

However, I find listening to EVPs difficult and frustrating. I know I have hearing loss, likely due to the many WHO concerts I've rocked out to over the years but once in a while, I can hear a bit of something. Or maybe I perceive a sense, a vibration slightly different than other vibrations that the current batch of voices is creating.

Once I hear evidence with the "ghost voice" pointed out, I can 70% of the time hear it as well. That doesn't mean I believe it's a ghost but at least I can hear it enough to discern there is another sound there.

Some EVPs can be very clear. I've heard them myself.

But for the most part, it's a very long painstaking process to analyze your EVPs.

I've bought four different sets of headphones, none of them terribly expensive although two were excellent deals.



The advice I was given by the Ghost-Girls was to boost the bass.

It did help a bit sometimes.

However, the whole process of EVPs takes a long long time.

You have to transfer the recording into a special program on your computer. Most of the time, if you have a cheapie record such as I, you have to do it in real time. So twelve hours of EVPs means twelve hours of watching that your computer doesn't go into screensaver or power off in the middle of a recording.

Then you have to sit and listen and listen and listen.

Your program, depending on what you use, I use a free one from the internet, might allow you to edit and boost the sounds of intriguing portions of your tapes.

There are websites where people upload their evps, photographs and other evidence for others to scrutinize.

When you're listening to your EVP, relax your ears and be open to any aberration in the sounds.

There might be a whisper, murmur, moan, laugh, scream, crying and so on.

Be open minded and listen in a very quiet place, no music or TV in the background.

When you're recording your EVPs it's helpful to state where you are and the time before the session. Describe any unusual sounds or if someone trips or sighs or walks over head. You'd be surprised how fast you forget what really happened in that room months later when suddenly think there's a monster banging at the window.

Keep notes in a notebook too if you remember or have the means. Write down the numbers of files, tracks and so on and where they happened and the time. Also make notes about anything usual to listen for or eliminate.



Be mindful of traffic, planes and other sounds that you may not have realized that was there at the time.

You'd also be surprised how loud and creepy a stomach growling can be. Make sure you note it when it happens.

The more notes the better although it can be distracting while you're trying to watch for evidence.





Another thing I've come to realize is that taking pictures while doing EVP can be distracting because whenever you hear the clicks, you get excited to think it's something but it was just a camera...

2 comments:

  1. AM HAPPY TODAY MY MARRIAGE HAS BEEN RESTORE
    i cant believe okeke was able to restore my marriage with my husband again with his loves spell after my husband left me and the kids for the past 2 years now i was heart broken and depression since my husband left me for know reason okeke have heal me from heart broken my husband is back now and love me never before with the help of okeke i believe okeke now i recommend okeke to anyone who are in bad relationship, marriage or bringing back your ex to reach out to okeke love spell at email writelovespell@gmail. com or chat him on Private whatsAP number at +2348140443360

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete