Friday, June 21, 2013

Shook Me All Night Long

The Monteleone Hotel has a merry-go-round bar.
 
The Monteleone Hotel was the focal point June 13 - 17 as the World Horror Convention and the Horror Writers Association Bram Stoker Award Weekend descended on New Orleans.
 
The hotel buzzed all day long with panels and workshops. Bourbon Street buzzed with tourists and revellers.
 
 
The K2 meters buzzed most assuredly.
 

 




There were reports all weekend of odd elevator behaviour.

The elevators pretty much decide where they're going and where they're stopping sometimes.

Electrical malfunction?

I was on the elevator one time and the cart stopped on every floor but no one was there. I figured it was ghosts coming and going.




I stayed in room 737.

 

This is my bed.





 This is my bed looking more like it did when the incident occurred.

I came into the room to freshen up and was leaning over the end of the bed.

As I was fussing around, the bed started to vibrate and then shake.

I stepped back.

I leaned across the bed again and once more it started to shake. It shook until I got the stuff I needed and hightailed it out of there.

As I walked down the hall, I mused about what could cause the shaking.

Earthquake?
Hotel sinking in to the swamp?
Hurricane coming? But it was nice out.
Maybe it was one of those coin operated beds? But I never saw any evidence for a coin operated bed.
Maybe it used to be a coin operated bed and wasn't anymore but somehow went off?

Since this happened on Sunday June 16, 2013, there had been a few days for incidents to happen to other con goers as well. Sure enough, there were other stories about the bed shaking and worse.

Read about my other Haunted Monteleone Hotel incidents on this blog.








No comments:

Post a Comment